HND in Business
Higher National Diploma (HND) is a specialist programme with a strong work-related emphasis. The qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the sector with national recognition by employers allowing progression direct into employment or to degree.
This HND in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. Successful completion of HND allows students access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
About the Course
Students who successfully complete the HND in Business will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. They will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies. They will be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
- Business and the Business Environment (15 credits)
- Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Management and Operations (15 credits)
- Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson Set -15 credits)
- Innovation and Commercialisation (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
- Research Project (Pearson set – 30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (15 credits)
- International Marketing (15 credits)
- Tapping into new and International Markets (15 credits)
- Social Media and Practice (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)
- Developing Individuals, Teams & Organisations (15 credits)
Level 3 Qualification or Equivalent
An Access to Higher Education Certificate
CEFR B2 (Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied Level 3 in United Kingdom are expected to hold an accepted English language B2 (CEFR) )
Exceptional Entry Route: 3 Year Relevant Work Experience
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or Apply Now